Students interested in applying to BIS should complete an online enrollment application and submit the items listed below. An interview will be scheduled with the School Director and the Finance Director. Students may be asked to be present for the interview with School Director. Students age 5 and older will be given a computer-based placement test that includes a language assessment and mathematics assessment. The Admissions Team will review the test results along with the provided school records to confirm grade placement.
Documents listed below may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to the school office.
The application fee must be paid at the school office to complete the enrollment process.
Complete the Online Enrollment Application
CLICK HERE for the ELC 3 & 4 (3 and 4 year old Preschool) Flyer in English. CLICK HERE for Portuguese.
Please review the following:
- Students entering the ELC 3 (Early Learning Center) program for the first time must be potty trained and at least three (3) years old by November 1st. All ELC 3 students will begin with a Half-Day Program (8:00 am - 11:50 am). The teacher has up to one Quarter to assess if the child may advance to the Full-Day (8:00 am - 3:15 pm) Program.
- Students entering the ELC 4 (Early Learning Center) program must be four (4) years old by September 1st.
- Students entering Kindergarten must be five (5) years old by September 1st.
- The School Director and Admissions Team have the final approval regarding all placements.
- Students entering 10th - 12th Grade will have careful examination of transfer credits to apply towards graduation requirements. Grade placement will depend largely on transfer credits applied.
- The BIS School Calendar follows the US System. Semester 1 runs August - December. Semester 2 runs January - June.
CLICK HERE for the 2017-2018 Tuition information
- Completed Online Enrollment Application
- Interview with School Director
- Interview with Finance Director (if desired)
- Copy of student passport(s)
- Copy of parent(s) passport(s)
- Report Cards from most recent academic year and/or complete high school transcript
- Copies of applicable testing and evaluation results (Standardized test results, MAP test scores, IEP reports, etc)
- Copy of vaccination records
- Digital picture of student
- Completion of Entrance Testing
- Application fee paid to school office
Brasilia International School offers educational opportunities without regard to ethnic or national origin, race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, or disability.