Mission and Values
Brasilia International School (BIS) is a caring learning community based on a biblical world-view. BIS prepares international students to be life-long learners, effective communicators, responsible citizens, healthy people, and spiritually sensitive individuals.
Preparing International Students to Positively Impact the World.
- Integrating Biblical principles into school life develops character and integrity.
- Students learn best in a safe, structured, caring environment, which helps minimize transition stress and meets the diverse needs of international children.
- Each child is a very special creation with unique intellectual, social, physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Improving student learning is a primary goal of BIS; the advancement of this goal relies on the shared responsibility of the entire school community.
- Dedicated, qualified staff members are key to improving and sustaining student learning.
- Since students learn in different ways, they are provided with individual attention and a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- High expectations and recognition encourage students and staff to strive for excellence.